Tour Pompei and Amalfi Coast
Shore excursion from Salerno port to Pompei and Amalfi Coast
Excursion 1 – Pompeii & Amalfi Coast – full day
Tour with us and our English-speaking driver will greet you directly after your disembarkation.
During the short journey from the port of Salerno to Pompeii along the highway are incredible views of the only live volcano in mainland Europe, Mt. Vesuvius on one side, and opposite the Lattari mountains which constitutes the backbone of the AMALFI COAST.
In no time at all you will be in Pompeii.
Step back in time and explore a Roman city frozen in a single moment, walk the streets and see where the Romans of 79 AD lived, worked, relaxed and entertained. Pompeii was partially destroyed and buried during the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius in 79AD, and it was lost for nearly 1700 years before its accidental rediscovery in 1749. Since then, its excavation has provided an extraordinarily detailed insight into the life of a city at the height of the Roman Empire. Today, this UNESCO World Heritage Site is one of the most popular tourist attractions of Italy, with approximately 2,500,000 visitors every year.
A short drive along the coastal road, photo stop for a breathtaking panoramic view of the Bay of Sorrento.
We commence the tour of the famous Amalfi Drive ....
One of the most spectacular roads in Europe. Lots of photo opportunities as you travel to Positano and then past Praiano, Conca dei Marini, Amalfi, and finally Ravello.
Free time in the picturesque town of Positano. Your driver will drop you right in the heart of Positano, saving precious time and your legs! giving you longer to wander the traffic free lanes filled with linen shops, hip art galleries and quaint cafes.
The most peaceful and charming resort along the Amalfi Coast visited for its inspiration by so many artist, musicians and writers past and present. Ravello's Cathedral is just a few steps away from the entrance to the magnificent Villa Rufolo, with its famous gardens and breathtaking view over the Amalfi Coast. Traffic-free lanes lead off the main square where you can experience local craft shops and even wine tasting or stay in the large focal point of Ravello and enjoy a cool drink, soak in the atmosphere before meeting up again with your driver.
After your visit we will drive you back to the port of Salerno.
- 2 hours in Pompeii – the world's most visited archaeological site
- Experience the Amalfi Drive
- Stroll through the beautiful pedestrianised lanes of Positano, offering delightful shopping
- Optional lunch in a typical Italian Restaurant
- Plenty of photo opportunities along the coast road
- Magnificent gardens of Villa Rufolo in Ravello
- Optional stop at the Ceramic factory, to pick up some local handmade crafts
Deluxe air-conditioned vehicle,
English speaking driver,
All tolls, parking, petrol (gas) and taxes.
Entrance tickets where applicable,
Optional authorised guide, available on request,
Open 09:00 till 6pm
Emerald Grotto €5 (optional visit)
Open 09:00 till 5pm
Villa Rufolo, Ravello €5 (optional visit)
Open 09:00 till 8pm
Museum in Ravello Cathedral €2 (optional visit)
Open 09:00 till 7pm
- Tours available everyday
- Duration 9 hours (according to your ship's schedule)
- Pick up and drop off at your ship in Salerno port
- Your tour is confirmed along with credit card. Please read cancellation policy. Payment for the tour is via credit card (+2% surcharge) or cash on the day, only Euro.
- Tour can be reserved as a private tour OR you can create a group OR we will help to find fellow passengers to share the tour and costs
The proposed itinerary is only a suggestion, the vehicle and English-speaking driver are basically yours for the tour.
If you would like to visit alternative towns please email and we will create an itinerary together to suit YOU.