Tour Pompeii, Positano & Sorrento
Shore Excursion from Sorrento Port to Pompeii, Positano & Sorrento
Excursion 2 – Pompeii, Positano & Sorrento – Full day
This shore excursion is more relaxing in comparison to Tour 1. If you are looking for a tour that offers quality time at each stop, this is the tour. Positano is half way along the Amalfi Coast so it is still a good insight into the famous AMALFI DRIVE.
After meeting your English-speaking driver pierside in the port of Sorrento, we make the short ride to Pompeii, taking in amazing views of Mt. Vesuvius, Isle of Capri, Bay of Naples and Sorrento.
In no time at all you will be Pompeii
Step back in time and explore a Roman city frozen in a single moment, walk the streets and see where the Romans of 79 AD lived, worked, relaxed and entertained. Pompeii was partially destroyed and buried under 4 to 6 m (13 to 20 ft) of ash and pumice in the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in AD 79, and it was lost for nearly 1700 years before its accidental rediscovery in 1749. Since then, its excavation has provided an extraordinarily detailed insight into the life of a city at the height of the Roman Empire. Today, this UNESCO World Heritage Site is one of the most popular tourist attractions of Italy, with approximately 2,500,000 visitors every year.
We now take the coast road, stopping for an amazing panoramic photo of the the Bay of Sorrento, gaze over the towns perched on tufa rock rising 50 meters above a crystal blue sea.
BUT before returning to Sorrento let our experienced driver accompany you along one of the most beautiful stretches of coastline in the world the famous Amalfi Drive. Enjoy the rugged landscape and natural beauty of this amazing coastline.
Lots of photo opportunities as you travel to the chic town of Positano.
Free time in the picturesque town of Positano. Your driver will drop you right in the heart of Positano, inaccessible to large coaches, so you can enjoy the traffic free lanes filled with linen shops, art galleries and cafes.
Free time in Sorrento to visit the main square, Piazza Tasso also the social centre of the town and a great place to people watch. Admire the valley of the Mills at the back of Piazza Tasso or wander the little cobbled streets and alleyways leading into the old historical centre full of shops, boutiques and restaurants.
After your tour we will drive you down to the port of Sorrento to meet your return tender boat back to your cruise ship anchored offshore.
- 2 hours in Pompeii – the worlds most visited archaeological site
- Drive along the Amalfi Coast
- Free time to stroll the beautiful traffic free lanes of Positano
- Lunch in a typical Italian Restaurant
- Free time in Sorrento
- Historical lanes of Sorrento, lined with shops selling local souvenirs, giant lemons, inlaid wodwork, cameo & coral jewelry, wine and the local liquor Limoncello
- Enjoy a spectacular 360° view of the bay of Naples from the public gardens
Deluxe air-conditioned vehicle,
English speaking driver,
All tolls, parking, petrol (gas) and taxes.
Entrance tickets where applicable,
Optional authorised guide, available on request,
Open 9am till 6pm
- Tours available everyday, reservation must be made in advance.
- Duration 9 hours (according to your ships schedule)
- Pick up and drop off Sorrento pier where your tender/launcher pulls in from your cruise ships.
- The port of Sorrento is small so your cruise ship will anchor offshore and tender into port.
- Payment for the tour is on the day, either in cash, Euros, or by card.
- Tour can be reserved as a private tour OR you can create a group OR join or create a tour on our shared tours website.
- The proposed itinerary is only a suggestion, the vehicle and English-speaking driver are basically yours for the tour. If you would like to visit alternative towns please email and we will create an itinerary together to suit YOU.