Tour Full Amalfi Coast and Sorrento
APTours Shore Excursion Full Amalfi Coast and Sorrento
Excursion 4 – Positano, Amalfi, Ravello & Sorrento – full day
The towns of Positano, Amalfi and Ravello are three of the most beautiful in the south of Italy and have gained worldwide fame for their charm.
In taking this private full day excursion to explore the Amalfi Coast you will have the option to spend as little or as much time as possible in the picturesque towns of Positano, Amalfi and Ravello as well as experiencing the full AMALFI DRIVE with our experienced drivers.
After meeting you in the Port of Sorrento we take the mountain road from the Bay of Naples over to the Bay of Salerno where we start the famous Amalfi Drive, the scenery will take your breath away whatever the season. The towering mountains on one side, the ever changing colour of the sea on the other and the view in the distance that changes with every bend, nothing can prepare you for the beauty of this area.
We will pass small stalls selling local produce, mainly the Amalfi Coast lemons famous in this area for their particular strong fragrant scent.
Arriving in Positano your vehicle will be able to enter the town, where as those on the coaches have to skip Positano as their vehicles are prohibited. Explore the quaint, traffic free lanes winding their way down to the beach area where you can enjoy a drink on the sea front and soak in the vibrant atmosphere of this 5 star stylish resort.
Returning to your driver we will carry on to the town of Amalfi, passing slowly through the towns of Praiano, Furore and Conca dei Marini.
During your free time in Amalfi you can visit the magnificent building of St Andrews Cathedral which dominates the main square with its dramatic flight of over 60 steps to the entrance and its facade brilliant with mosaics.
From Amalfi, a town at sea level we head up in to the mountains to the charming town of Ravello. A must to see here is the gardens of Villa Rufolo offering stunning views along the coast line. A quiet town with few shops but the most amazing atmosphere of peace and dignity, as if Ravello knows it sits above the Amalfi Coast looking down at the most beautiful scenery in Europe.
- Plenty of photo opportunities along the famous Amalfi coast drive
- Magnificent gardens of Villa Rufolo in Ravello
- St. Andrews Cathedral in Amalfi Town
- (Optional) Lunch in a typical Italian Restaurant
- Stroll through the beautiful pedestrianised lanes of Positano, offering delightful shopping
- Photo stop at the ‘Madonna’ for the best panoramic view of Positano.
FROM SORRENTO PORT price of tour NOT per person
Groups of 1-3 people - 250 Euro
Groups of 4-6 people - 300 Euro
Groups of 7-8 people - 350 Euro
Deluxe air-conditioned vehicle,
English speaking driver,
All tolls, parking, petrol (gas) and taxes.
Entrance tickets where applicable,
Emerald Grotto €5 (optional visit)
Open 09:00 till 5pm
Villa Rufolo, Ravello €5 (optional visit)
Open 09:00 till 8pm
Museum in Ravello Cathedral €2 (optional visit)
Open 09:00 till 7pm
- Tours available everyday
- Duration 9 hours (according to your ship's schedule)
- Pick up and drop off Sorrento pier, where your tender / launcher boat pulls in from your cruise ship.
- The port of Sorrento is small so your cruise ship will anchor offshore and tender into port.
- Tour can be reserved as a private tour OR you can create/join a group on our shared website where we will help to find fellow passengers to share the tour and costs https://www.sharedtoursinitaly.com
- The proposed itinerary is only a suggestion, the vehicle and English-speaking driver are basically yours for the tour. If you would like to visit alternative towns please email and we will create an itinerary together to suit YOU.