Day as a Roman
Re-live time in Ancient Pompeii
Day as a Roman in Ancient Pompeii:
We start this fun day with an amazing two hour tour of Pompeii. Your private guide will bring Pompeii back to life in front of your eyes through their knowledge, passion and great detail. They will show you parts of Pompeii that other miss, explain the way of life in a way you will never forget. You are guaranteed to leave the ruins of Pompeii with a great respect for Roman lifestyle and the forward thinking ancient Pompeians.
Just 5 minutes from the ruins of Pompeii and still within the site of the Roman town you can relax in a oasis of history and nature enjoying lunch and wine tasting. We start with a guided stroll through the vineyard, marvel at their own discovery of a burial ground used by the ancient Pompeians and listen to all their secrets for growning the prefect grapes for their celebrated wine.
After visiting their wine cellar its time to taste a menu based on manuscripts found in Pompeii to create a replica of Ancient Roman style food. Including Gladiotors Soup, Smoked Salmon by Marco Gavio Apicio, Pork Belly glazed with red wine and honey, dessert and Limoncello all paired with five of their best wines.
After this amazing day watched over by the mighty Mt. Vesuvius we can either head back to your accommadation or add on a visit to the crater of the live volcano or enjoy time in the amazing preserved Roman town of Herculaneum.
- 2 hour guided tour of Pompeii
- Amazing insight to Roman history
- Wine tasting and meal all included
- Tour of the winery
- Tours available everyday
- Tour duration approx. 6 hours
- Pick up and drop off from hotel / accommodation
- Your tour is confirmed along with credit card. Please read cancellation policy. Payment for the tour is cash on the day, only Euro.
- Tour can be reserved as a private tour OR you can create a group on our shared tours website for fellow passengers to share the tour and costs with you www.sharedtoursinitaly.com
- The proposed itinerary is only a suggestion, the vehicle and English-speaking driver are basically yours for the tour. If you would like to visit alternative towns please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will create an itinerary together to suit YOU.
Deluxe air-conditioned vehicle,
English speaking authorised guide for Pompeii
Lunch and wine tasting
All tolls, parking, petrol (gas) and taxes.
Entrance ticket Pompeii €15